Saturday, December 10, 2011

Quick Rant

I just need a minute to vent.  So I called my mom today to ask her a quick question and she mentions that she wants me to come shopping with her sometime to get Christmas presents for my daughter.  I told her that was fine and asked her when she wanted to go.  She told me that she is free anytime today.  I told her that I couldn't do it today, but I could tomorrow or just about any afternoon this week.  She is busy tomorrow so I suggested Thursday.
  She got all huffy and said that she didn't want to wait that long.  I said that is fine and asked her when she wanted to go.  She said something again about going today and I explained(again) that I can't go today.  Then she got extra huffy, no wait....she was downright pissy, and said something to the effect of going whenever was good for me since I am soooo busy.  WTF?  Seriously?  She's getting pissy with me because I can't drop everything and go now?  It's not even like she called me to ask.  She just happened to think of it when I called HER.  I love my mom to death, but she takes everything so damn personal.  She acts like I don't want to go.  I told her I could pretty much go any of the next 7 days...just not today and she gets all bent out of shape.  Then I ask her where she wants to go and what she is shopping for.  I have already given her a list of ideas for the munchkin, so I wasn't sure if she was looking for things in general or a specific item.  She then got more bent out of shape and said, "Nevermind, I guess I can just go by myself since you don't want to help."  Cheese and Rice, I give up.  I'll just sit quietly and try not to make any sudden moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Say It!!