Sunday, December 11, 2011

Why's the Label Important?

I had friends over last night to hang out and play cards.  My best friend, her boyfriend (might as well be her husband), her kids, her daughter's boyfriend and the guy that ....well, I don't know what he is, but I like him.  We ate pizza, played cards and drank beer while the kids all played.  It was such a nice relaxing night.  I'm really starting to have to fight the feeling I have for this guy (Let's call him George).
 We have been spending time together for a little over a year now, but I still have no idea how to label it.  It's weird to be dating in my 30's with a kid.  I haven't really been single since I was 19 and I have no idea what the rules are now.  I'll admit that I have more baggage than most people my age and he has very little.  It's all so odd for me.  We talk on the phone, we hang out and watch movies, we go out and last weekend we went out of town for a night....yet I still don't know what we are.  Is he my boyfriend?  I really don't know.  I want to ask him things about us, but I really just like where we are right now and I don't want to mess it up.  I am fighting my nature of being over analytical and it's tough.  Definitely way out of character for me.  I like to dissect every little thing and look at it from a million different angles.  I haven't really done that with him.  Ok, maybe a little, but I am really trying to just live in the moment and go with the flow.  I may have won at the poker game last night, but in real life I am scared to lay my cards on the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Say It!!